Saturday, November 13, 2010

Make a Wish Foundation

Good afternoon everyone. I just got done with the Peachy Keen Blog Hop Winter Release. If ya'll haven't been introduced to Peachy Keen you are going to love the hop and hopefully you'll win some stamps to try em out. I have a PKS wish list that I've just added a few more stamp sets to. :) I also wanted to let ya'll know about one special stamp set from the new release. It is in honor of Lisa's two children who died in a traggic car crash in 2007.

Here is what Lisa wrote about the new set: Awhile back Kathy from Peachy Keen Stamps called me and told me that she has designed a stamp set of two angels in memory of my children who passed away in a tragic car accident Feb. 19, 2007 at the ages of 3 & 5. It has been a horrible struggle to deal with this loss but when someone does something kind like this I am just blown away. Of course I was crying like a baby (much like I am doing now ). She also knew that I sell things to help raise money for several children's charities ever since my kids passed away. So not only did she design the set in honor of my children she is donating $15 of the sale of this stamp set to the charity of my choice. I will be picking the Make-A-Wish foundation to help grant children's wishes that are extremely ill. What is great about this, is that I have already spoken to the Chapter in my area and I will be able to know the story on the child (hopefully more than one)and the wish we were able to grant. I can't imagine what goes on in a child's head when they are facing such a horrible battle but I can see the smile on their face when they get their wish fulfilled. Not only will they have forever memories, their families will to. No parent should ever have to see their child suffer.

You can help the Make a Wish Foundation by purchasing the stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps.  Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend, Vanessa


No comments: