Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ahhh Marilyn...


So let me first say that my camera is taking some funky pictures because Marilyn's eyes in person do not look so cat like :). I did this for the challenge at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #34 they have amazing sketches over there so I had to do it. They seem to have a victorian/antique feel to them which I love so I tried to channel them and come up with my own. I promise I followed the sketch to a T it's just Marilyn is covering up the brads on the bottom. Hope it still works. Marilyn is also from an earlier project and had printed 2 of them. I used one of them and the 2nd I couldn't bear to throw away so I kept her knowing I'd get to use her soon. At 365 Cards: Day 306 they asked us to "dig deep into that stash and find something that has been waiting for this challenge." TahDah! I'm partial because Marilyn is my favorite but I like it. So the paper I got from... my sister. The brads I got from Walmart in the Crop-A-Dile. The flowers I got from my sis and they were white and in one flower. So I took them apart then used Pixie Pink and colored them and then stacked them. I like it and am now going to have to get more white flowers so I can dye them. I used glitter on Marilyn's jewels and colored in the flower, the leaves, part of her hat, and her eyes with colored pencils. I hope you enjoy. V

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Very nice girl.

~amy~ said...

Oh my....this is fantabulous! Thanks for joining in the 365 Cards de-hoarding fun:)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello BaNessa - what a divine card - I love it! I love the Victorian feel this card has - you have used the sketch perfectly!! Great colours too and those flowers are just perfect! This is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week BaNessa, we appreciate you support and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

WOW, what a take on the sketch, beautiful card, flowers and image. Very nice! Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness, hope you join us again.


Jane MMSC DT

TesaB said...

This is a FAB card, love marilyn, the layering and the whole card. Gorgeous!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Great job with the 365 challenge!

♥Lea

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a pretty vintage image!! Beautiful colors and the rose on the side adds such elegance. Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Happy New Year!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so fabulous and chic!!! I love the flowers under you main focal point. The vintage flare is exquisite. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. Have a Very Happy Cardmaking New Year!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Grace said...

This is soooo pretty! I love your Marilynn and the vintage feel you created! Love the flowers!!! So glad you played along with the MMSC!

Pam said...

Such a soft and beautiful card - well done!

Priscilla said...

Excellent take on the sketch..please do not worry about being so exact..we are all artists right :) have fun with it. Love the vintage style and your style is wonderful..you have a good eye for this IMO :) WOW We are off to a great start in the new year. Please be sure to check in tomorrow for some of the new changes with our MMSC. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and as always we love the inspirations our players give to us. Thank you :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess